Urinary incontinence and bowel incontinence are health conditions that can be a nuisance, they can be humiliating, isolating, maddening and they can also be treated.
For the millions of people suffering from incontinence, it may seem like the constant worry never ends. It can be embarrassing to discuss the topic of incontinence, but it is a health issue that can affect all aspects of life. Here are some questions to ask yourself about incontinence:
• Do you always map out a route to the closest bathroom?
• Do you cancel social plans or avoid outings for fear of a leak?
• Do you avoid all travel or long car rides?
• Does your incontinence cause you to feel anxious or depressed?
• Do you only wear dark-colored clothing in case of an accident?
If you answered yes to these questions, then it is time to seek treatment for your incontinence. It does not have to rule your life, and it does not help to be in denial of the severity of your condition. It is a myth that you just have to live with it, because there are solutions to this health issue. It is important to discuss your incontinence with a physician. There are many options available to treat both urinary and bowel incontinence, including conservative treatment, injections and surgery.
Feel free to take our incontinence questionnaire online, or contact us to learn more about treatment. You can also call our discreet, dedicated Medical Concierge.