How do you know when your little leak is a big problem? If incontinence is affecting your daily life, it may be time to seek help. Here are five symptoms that it’s time to see a urologist.
- You lie down to relieve a constant, heavy pressure.
- You routinely wear sanitary pads.
- You experience leakage when you laugh or cough.
- You experience recurrent urinary tract infections.
- You frequently have a need to urinate.
Here are a few additional incontinence resources that may be helpful:
- National Association for Continence (NAFC)
An organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people with incontinence, voiding dysfunction and related pelvic floor disorders.
- Senior Directory
A comprehensive directory of over 70 categories of services for aging adults.
- The Simon Foundation for Continence
A foundation that aims to bring the topic of incontinence out into the open, remove the stigma surrounding incontinence, and provide help and hope to people with incontinence.
Take the first step with our Online Self Assessment here. For more information on treatment options or to speak with a dedicated medical concierge, call 1.615.547.2938.